Thursday 22 August 2013

Product Rave - Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel

A few months ago I purchased this product from my local Chanel counter. It is something that I have always wanted to try, but have often been discouraged to do so because of my fair skin.




At first glance, the product has a very strong orange undertone, which can be quite scary for those of you who have ghostly white skin like I do! However, I can happily say that this orange tone is not as clear on the skin - on me atleast; perhaps because I have a yellow undertone? - it actually appears on the skin as a lovely warm bronze, which is not too orange or red, but still clearly bronze.



As you can see from the close up image, the product does contain a slight gold shimmer, which I did not even notice until I took the photos, so don't worry, this product definitely will not give your face a discoball appearance, or highlight any imperfections.

As for the texture, it is described as a "light cream-gel". It definitely applies like any other smooth cream product, but in the packaging it is more firm - it would be difficult to simply scoop it out, for example. I love this texture because it gives a smooth application, but it does not slide around like some cream products do.

The bronzer can be applied underneath, or over foundation - I prefer the latter - and I find that it is best applied with a synthetic brush. The Real Techniques Contour brush works well with this product.

Available for £31 in Boots and Debenhams




No comments:

Post a Comment