Wednesday 29 January 2014

Building my Pro Kit!

If you know me, you'd know that I've wanted to become a Freelance Makeup Artist for a few years now. Unfortunately, makeup is extremely expensive, so I have to buy things gradually - when I can afford them. Slowly but surely, I am getting there!

Foundation palettes are pretty hard to come by in the UK, for a good price atleast. I've always had my eye on the Graftobian HD Glamour Creme palettes, but they're not cheap at all in the UK (£90+). However, browsing through google for more affordable options, I came across Camera Ready Cosmetics, which is a company based in America. They have stock some amazing professional brands, such as Graftobian, Kryolan, Ben Nye, Sugarpill, RCMA, etc. I couldn't believe my eyes when I spotted the Graftobian foundation palettes for £35.58 (Normally £45.25 on their site)!

Immediately I snapped up the Warm and Cool palettes - there is also a Neutral option. Browsing the site, I also found a few other things I needed at some great prices.

On with the haul!

Graftobian HD Glamour Creme Palettes - Currently £35.65 / $58.99
"Graftobian HD Cremes have been used and loved by Pro Makeup Artists since 2005 when they were first introduced. The satin smooth feel and blend-ability of the product paired with its high level of pigmentation is unique in the industry where you typically get one or the other. From time to time, as has always been the case with this Graftobian HD formula, you will see pigment swirls or dots of color on the surface of a new foundation dish or palette. Simply ignore these dots as they will disappear forever with one swipe of your brush or sponge and you will then be able to use this fabulous foundation on your clients with stunningly flawless results."

Left is the Cool Palette (pink tones) and Right is the Warm Palette (yellow tones).
As you can see on the images, the product does sweat, as they are cream. This doesn't affect the actual product.





I've only used this once so far, so i'll do a detailed review when I've used it more!
So far, I've found that the foundations are nice and creamy, with good coverage. I also love the colour selections.

Graftobian Spatula - £3.92 / $6.49
Kit essentials really! They look like great quality items.


Duo Eyelash Adhesive - £4.22 / $6.99
Never tried Duo before, but I've heard great reviews!

I'm really happy with the products I've received, and with the experience of purchasing from Camera Ready Cosmetics. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking to build a kit. 

Thanks for reading.
Bee x

No comments:

Post a Comment