Thursday 6 February 2014

Foundation Issues...

Ever since I started wearing makeup - wow, that was a long time ago! - I've really struggled to find my perfect foundation shade. Even at the age of 20, I've tried foundations from a huge variety of makeup brands, high street and high end.

The issue that I'm having is that I have very fair skin - which is hard enough to match already, but my fair skin is also very yellow toned. For some reason, makeup brands just seem to think that fair skinned people are all pink! It's so frustrating - if the foundation I use has even a little too much pink in it, my face looks quite ashy and lifeless.

I recently purchased my second MAC foundation, which is the Pro Longwear in NC15 (the first being Face and Body - yes, still too pink). Looking at the foundation in the bottle, it is definitely on the yellow side, but it's just not fair enough. Even holding the bottle next to my skin, it just looks orange.

Does anyone else have this problem? I'm assuming that I'm not the only fair, warm toned person here, right?

If you have any suggestions of brands, shades, etc that I could try, please leave me a comment - it would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading!
Bee x

No comments:

Post a Comment